Special Enrollment Period ExtensionMarch 12, 2021
Since the Special Enrollment Period began on February 15, over 2,000 Connecticut residents have signed up through Access Health CT for coverage.
Access Health CT is now extending its Special Enrollment Period for consumers who are not currently enrolled in coverage through AHCT.
Uninsured individuals can sign up for health insurance coverage through Access Health CT during the Special Enrollment Period (SEP) extension from March 16 through April 15, 2021.
Special Enrollment Period coverage effective dates and guidelines are as follows:
Plan effective date
May 1, 2021
June 1, 2021
|Customer must pay their
first month’s premium (monthly payment) for coverage to begin.
|Customer must pay their first month’s premium (monthly payment) for coverage to begin.|
- Consumers will not be required to verify their eligibility for this Special Enrollment Period
- Consumers currently enrolled in coverage through AHCT will not be eligible to use this Special Enrollment Period to change plans
- Financial help will continue to be available to consumers who qualify.
Individuals who experience a Qualifying Life Event (e.g., loss of coverage due to job change or unemployment) or qualify for Medicaid/Children’s Health Program (CHIP), can continue to enroll year-round.
Access Health CT reminds residents of the importance of maintaining their coverage throughout the year, and not just during this public health crisis. It is critical that uninsured individuals take advantage of this opportunity to protect their health, wellbeing and ensure they have access to needed services.
Access Health CT will continue to offer free help:
- Online: AccessHealthCT.com (Live chat: AccessHealthCT.com click “Live Chat” icon)
- Phone: 1-855-805-4325, Mon. – Fri. 8 AM - 4 PM
- With Enrollment Specialists in the community
- In-person help at either of AHCT’s Navigator partner locations**: