$600 Million in Tax Cuts for CT Residents
After months of negotiation and hearing input from residents across our state, I am happy to pass along great news. I am poised to vote early next week on a state budget that provides historic tax relief for parents, retirees, workers, and property owners.
The budget proposal we unveiled Wednesday offers Connecticut tax payers like you and your neighbors $600 million in tax cuts. $600 MILLION!
Our budget plan CUTS YOUR TAXES by:
- Cutting state income taxes for retirees
- Lowering property taxes on homes and cars
- Extending tax cuts for workers in low-paying jobs (EITC)
- Creating a state tax credit for childcare
- Extending the 25-cent gas tax cut until December
- Establishes state child tax credit worth $250 per child
As we approach a vote on this historic tax relief package, I will update you in the coming days on the spending side of the budget where we make groundbreaking investments in children’s mental health, increase funding for juvenile justice and anti-crime programs, leverage new federal funding for important programs, and invest in childcare, education, and our workforce.