Have a Safe & Happy HalloweenOctober 28, 2022
This Monday children of all ages will dress up in fun and scary costumes to celebrate one of the biggest holidays of the season.
And, while everyone enjoys trick or treating or any other outdoor evening activities, please follow safety tips as children are more than twice as likely to be hit by a car on Halloween than on any other day of the year.
Here are some safety tips to keep in mind:
- Wear reflective clothes and carry a flashlight to see and alert others of your presence
- Young children should never go trick or treating alone
- Walk on side of the street and avoid running from house to house
- Only visit well-lit homes
- Inspect all candy and treats before eating or giving to others
- Discourage use of sharp accessories that can be harmful
- And always look both ways before crossing the street
I wish you and your family a safe, enjoyable Halloween!