Major Funding for Bridgeport Projects
The State Bond Commission approved the items at its meeting on Friday, January 29, 2016. The Bridgeport funding items included 12-I, 13, 49, 63 and 66 on the agenda.
More detailed info:
- $675,000 to provide grant-in-aid to Habitat for Humanity of Coastal Fairfield County to assist with construction of nine single family homes family homes to be sold to homebuyers at or below 80% of area median income
- $1,716,536 for school building improvements
- $83,810 for security systems upgrades for four facilities for Recovery Network of Programs
- $18,800 for Pathways for security system upgrades and front step repair
- $5,000,000 to provide a loan to Block 912 JV, LLC to assist with redevelopment of the Jayson and Newfield buildings
- $2,156,300 to provide a loan to Mutual Housing Association of Southwestern Connecticut, Inc., or another eligible applicant as such term is defined in Section 8-366m of the Connecticut General Statutes, to assist with rehabilitation of 32 units of rental housing at Maplewood Court Apartments
- $750,000 to provide a loan to Future Health Care Systems, Inc. to assist with machinery, equipment and renovations associated with relocation from West Chester, New York to Bridgeport.