Halloween Safety TipsOctober 30, 2018
Families, pets and children of all ages will dress up tomorrow in fun and scary costumes to celebrate one of the biggest holidays of the season. And as the Halloween festivities unfold, the most important order of the day is to ensure our children’s safety, especially if you or someone you know will be out trick or treating.
I urge you to take simple steps that can help prevent tragedies in order to make the best out of Halloween.
Here are some safety tips to keep in mind:
- Wear reflective clothes and carry a flash light to see and alert others of your presence
- Young children should never go trick or treating alone
- Walk on side of the street and avoid running from house to house
- Only visit well lit-homes
- Inspect all candy and treats before eating or giving to others
- Discourage use of sharp accessories that can be harmful
- And always look both ways before crossing the street