Education Updates in Response to COVID 19
As the government response to COVID-19 can sometimes change at a near hourly rate, here is a one page link to the latest information out of the Department of Education.
Visit the Office of Early Childhood (OEC) website for regular updates by clicking here.
- On April 15, SDE provided the following links and updates: A summary of the federal CARES Act from our Chief Financial Officer that includes Connecticut-specific information, along with a series of answers to frequently asked questions, which you can view by clicking here. An 18 point FAQ from our Legal Director regarding the Governor’s Executive Order pertaining to the continuation of payments to district employees and contractors, which you can view by clicking here. For grocery store employees seeking childcare assistance, visit the 2-1-1 website by clicking here.
- On March 26, the Governor's Office sent out the following links:
- For a document summarizing internet provider offerings to help students learning from home, click here.
- On March 24, the Department of Education sent out the following links:
- On March 23, the Department of Education sent out the following links:
- U.S. Department of Education Press Release on March 23, 2020: Urging States to Continue Educating Students with Disabilities, Secretary DeVos Publishes New Resource on Accessibility and Distance Learning Options
- Commissioner Cardona's March 20, 2020 letter to the U.S. Department of Education requesting the Department waive standardized test requirements, which you can read here.