Hearing On Public Option For InsuranceFebruary 11, 2019
National and state-based health care experts will testify Wednesday before members of the Insurance and Human Services committees on the merits of creating a public option for health insurance.
“The cost of health insurance is skyrocketing for Connecticut families and businesses,” said Rep. Sean Scanlon, co-chair of the Insurance and Real Estate Committee. “This hearing is a chance for our committees and the public to hear about how creating a public health insurance option can lower costs and ensure that every citizen in our state has access to quality, affordable health care.”
Participants in the informational hearing are:
- Jacob Hacker - Stanley Resor Professor of Political Science and Director of the Institution for Social and Policy Studies at Yale University
- Cindy Mann - Managing Director at Manatt Health and former Director of the Center for Medicaid and CHIP Service
- Dan Muese - Deputy Director at State Health Value Strategies at Princeton
- Frances G. Padilla – President of Universal Health Care Foundation of Connecticut
- Kevin Lembo - Connecticut State Comptroller
- Ted Doolittle - Connecticut Healthcare Advocate
The hearing will take place at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 13, in Room 2C at the Legislative Office Building.