Informational Resources For The 2020 Legislative SessionJanuary 29, 2020
There are resources that help constituents to keep track of bills, debates and general information about meetings, public hearings and opportunities to testify on issues.
Here are some links that can help you keep track of everything that's happening at the State Capitol:
- The non-partisan Office of Legislative Research recently published the 2020 Major Issues report, which summarizes key issues the legislature could take up during the upcoming session.
- Go to the CGA website to view the General Assembly's schedule of events.
- Follow CTN for live coverage of committee meetings and House and Senate floor debates.
- Visit this website to register as a bill tracking user to track any bill as it makes its way through the legislative process. Once you are logged in, you will be able to enter the bill number into the system. Whenever the bill's status changes, you will receive an email informing you of this change.
- For information on how to testify on a bill that is up for a public hearing, follow this link.
- OpenConnecticut: allows residents to track state government’s spending in real time and is operated by the Comptroller's office.