Happy Thanksgiving! During this time of year, we reflect and celebrate all we have in our life that we are thankful for.
Here in Connecticut, there are so many wonderful ways to celebrate Thanksgiving before or after the big feast!
- Prepare for the Thanksgiving Day feast by running the 82nd Annual Manchester Road Race
- After your feast and some rest, hit the Turkey Daze! Scavenger Hunt at the Roaring Brook Nature Center in Canton
- Learn more about the myths and origins of our Thanksgiving traditions at Connecticut’s own pilgrim-era museum in Guilford
- Celebrate Friendsgiving with the animal friends at Mystic Aquarium
- Create holiday cards for military veterans at local VA centers and get a behind the scenes tour of the New England Air Museum (you may even run into Santa…)
- Warm up with the holiday hit, Polar Express at the Connecticut Science Center’s 3D movie theater
- Or, get ready to kick off winter with the opening weekend of Winterfest Hartfordin Bushnell Park
However you chose to celebrate, we wish you a very happy and safe Thanksgiving!