COVID-19 State Resources/MeasuresMarch 14, 2020
The Coronavirus (COVID-19) scenario changes rapidly. Please visit ct.gov/Coronavirus for latest updates. The website is updated regularly with the state's response to COVID-1. It also includes the latest figures on testing for the virus and the locations where patients have turned up positive. And the Centers for Disease Control has a wealth of information about the virus on its website.
Governor Ned Lamont has announced that his administration – led by the Department of Public Health (DPH) and with the support of several state agencies – is launching the State of Connecticut Joint Information Center – or JIC – to coordinate Connecticut's response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
The JIC is intended to provide residents, municipalities, school districts, hospitals, medical providers, colleges and universities, the business community, the media and others, with a resource for specific information related to the state's response to the COVID-19 outbreak.
- The JIC can be contacted 24/7 by calling 860-754-8342 or emailing COVID19.JIC@ct.gov
- Information from the JIC will be shared on Twitter at @COVID19CT and Facebook at CT COVID-19 Response.
There are many ways to stay up-to-date about COVID-19
- CT-N carries the Governor’s press conferences (with sign language)
- Call: 2-1-1 24/7 for answers to your questions about COVID-19
- Text: CTCOVID to 898211 for updates
- Smart Speaker: ask for the 411 Coronavirus Podcast
- For the blind without TTY capabilities, the CDC and national news updates are being shared through the TuneInCOVIDUpdates podcast
For small business owners, here are some useful resources:
- CDC Guidance for Businesses and Employers Impacted by Coronavirus
- SBA Guidance for Businesses and Employers Impacted by Coronavirus
- SBA Low-Interest Loans to Help Small Businesses Affected by Disasters
- (Note: the SBA is currently finalizing disaster declarations related to Coronavirus. Once these are released, small businesses can apply. Check the website daily to see if/when CT will be eligible and/or call the CT SBA Office at 860-240-4700)
Please be aware of the following:
- The CT Insurance Department Commissioner issued notice to all travel insurers that they should accommodate travel cancellation requests and take into account the circumstances of the state of emergency.
- CT civil statutes prohibit price gouging and our Attorney General will be monitoring closely. If you suspect price gouging is taking place, file a complaint immediately with the Attorney General's Office by calling (860) 808-5318 or online.
Thomas Dorsey with Eversource announced the company has suspended all disconnects for customers until the Governor lifts the state of emergency. This applies to electric, gas and water companies that are not municipal owned.