Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation To Be Available To UI FilersApril 27, 2020
If you recently experienced a significant loss of income, several federal unemployment programs will become available for workers in need, including THIS WEEK when the Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation to provide $600 in additional weekly benefit payments and Pandemic Unemployment Assistance for self-employed individuals goes into effect.
After recently upgrading its software system the CTDOL is processing applications much faster and has reduced the anticipated 6-week processing time to 3 weeks and is on track to reduce it even more to 1 week.
The CTDOL is developing new systems to accommodate the 3 federal stimulus programs for UI:
- Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation (FPUC) which provides an additional $600 to weekly state benefit payments beginning APRIL 27. Benefits will be retroactive for all eligible claimants.
- Pandemic Unemployment Assistance that provides benefits to self-employed workers. APPLICATIONS WILL BEGIN TO BE ACCEPTED APRIL 30. Benefits will be retroactive for all eligible claimants.
- Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC) is a 13-week federal extension to allow eligible claimants to collect the additional weeks after exhausting the 26 weeks of state benefits. The system should be in operation by mid-May.
If you have questions, the CTDOL has a FAQ page that is updated daily.
You can find a video tutorial on how to file an unemployment insurance claim here.
If you have general questions about filing or need help with your claim, you can email email@example.com.
If you do not have a computing device or an internet connection, you can call 860-263-6975 or 203-455-2653 for assistance and a customer service representative will take your contact information and someone will be assigned to process your claim over the phone within 5 business days. This will not expedite processing of your claim faster than using the online system.
American Job Centers are closed to in-person visits, but claimants can call the following numbers for general information concerning unemployment benefits:
- Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.: 860-263-6975 and 203-455-2653
- Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.: 203-809-9847 and 203-892-6036
- Spanish language support: Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.: 203-548-7322
Claims cannot be processed or expedited by calling this phone service.