Medicare, Access Health CT Open Enrollment Now OpenNovember 16, 2020
Open Enrollment for Access Health CT and Medicare are underway.
This period offers policy holders and new enrollees an opportunity to shop and compare insurance plans and alter their coverage.
MEDICARE OPEN ENROLLMENT
This period offers Supplemental Medicare policy holders a chance to review and make changes to their current coverage to ensure their Medicare and supplement coverage will meet their needs in the next year.
During the Fall Open Enrollment period, policy holders should analyze the benefits of switching to a new Medicare Advantage plan, a Part D prescription drug plan, or opting into an Original Medicare plan. Consideration should be given to travel and whether the supplement chosen will be available to you in more than one place.
Make sure to get this information in writing from your supplemental insurance provider, and if you choose a Medicare Advantage plan, make sure it covers you wherever you travel during the next year.
Supplemental Medicare policy holders should also look at their Part D plan to review its costs, list of covered prescription medications and benefits, and make sure their providers and pharmacies will remain in the plan network.
If you are enrolled in a Medicare Savings Program, please note that you will have to renew your plan.
Open Enrollment ends December 7, and plan changes will take effect January 1, 2021. Call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) to begin making changes to your Medicare policy.
Connecticut’s Program for Health Insurance Assistance, Outreach, Information and Referral, Counseling, Eligibility Screening (CHOICES) can help you with during Medicare Open Enrollment. Call 1-800-994-9422 to speak to a representative, or visit the website here.
CHOICES will hold a Medicare Savings Program webinar December 9 from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. The webinar will cover an over view of Medicare premiums and the Medicare Savings Program, and how the Medicare Savings Program helps you pay for Medicare health premiums. It will also cover the Low Income Subsidy. To register, please click here.
For detailed information about enrolling in Medicare, click here to access the Senior Resources Agency on Aging's Medicare 101 web page.
ACCESS HEALTH CT OPEN ENROLLMENT
The Access Health CT Open Enrollment period started November 1, and already thousands of Connecticut residents have explored their health insurance options. Access Health is providing free assistance through the following:
- In-Person Enrollment Locations: There are enrollment locations in Groton, Bridgeport, New Haven, New Britain, Stamford, and Hartford open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Customers must make an appointment and follow safety protocols (mask wearing, hand sanitizing, temperature checks, social distancing, and completing a health questionnaire). Find an in-person enrollment location near you here.
- Virtual Enrollment Fairs: Customers can select the day that works best for them to speak to a customer service representative to enroll. Customers must have an internet connection and a computer, tablet, or smart phone to access their account during the call. Virtual enrollment fairs are by appointment on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday. Make an appointment here.
- Online at AccessHealthCT.com
- Live Chat: AccessHealthCT.com, click on the "Live Chat" icon
- Phone: Call 1-855-805-4325, Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.; Saturday from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Speak with a Certified Broker or Enrollment Specialist in your community. Find one here.
When enrolling, make sure you have the following information for yourself and those in your household applying for coverage:
- Dates of Birth
- Social Security numbers
- Visa, green card or immigration documents
- Most recent W2 and/or Form 1040, Form 1099
- Current insurance coverage
- Paystubs, Profit & Loss statements, or other employment information to confirm income for everyone in your tax household
Open Enrollment closes December 15, 2020. Coverage begins January 1, 2021. Visit Learn.AccessHealthCT.com to learn more.