Navigating the Virtual SessionFebruary 5, 2021
This virtual session means that it is more important than ever that I, and all of the committees, hear your thoughts and concerns as we work through legislation. The process for virtual testimony is rather complicated, so I’ve tried to break it down.
If you would like to submit public testimony here are the steps:
- Visit this website: https://www.cga.ct.gov/asp/CGABulletin/Bulletin.asp.
- At the top you will see different sections; click Public Hearings, scroll down to find the different hearings, and click “On-Line Testimony Registration Form”. Important to note: there is a deadline to sign up for virtual testimony. Written testimony can be submitted via Word or PDF format to the email address provided for each committee.
- You will first be asked to register for the webinar. Be sure to have the Bill or Resolution number you wish to testify on.
- Once the form is submitted you will receive a ‘pending approval’ email; keep the information in this email handy. Within 24 hours you will receive a confirmation email, where, if needed, there will be a button to cancel your registration.
- On the morning of the hearing, a speaker list will be posted on the committee page. Go to “Public Hearings” and click “testimony” and select the hearing date. In the right corner, there will be a document labeled “Speaker Order.” Click to open and find your placement.
- Make sure to log onto Zoom before the hearing starts. Turn off camera and make sure your microphone is muted until it is your turn. You will wait to speak as if you are sitting in a hearing room.
You can also watch every public hearing in real-time on each committee's official YouTube channel (cga.ct.gov/asp/menu/broadcastmedia.asp under the "CGA Live Streaming Feeds" heading). Some public hearings are broadcast live on CT-N, which is also available on Roku. If you are unable to access reliable internet but would still like to testify; please call me (860-240-8354)and I will get you the correct phone number for that committee.
Thank you for your patience and understanding with all of this!