$600 Million in Tax Cuts for CT ResidentsApril 28, 2022
After months of negotiation and hearing input from residents across our state, I am happy to pass along great news. I am poised to vote early next week on a state budget which provides historic tax relief for parents, retirees, workers, and property owners.
The budget proposal we unveiled today offers Connecticut taxpayers like you and our neighbors $600 million in tax cuts. $600 MILLION!
Our budget plan CUTS YOUR TAXES by:
• Cutting state income taxes for retirees
• Lowering property taxes on homes and cars
• Extending tax cuts for workers in low-paying jobs (EITC)
• Creating a state tax credit for childcare
• Extending the 25-cent gas tax cut until December
• Establishes state child tax credit worth $250 per child
As we approach a vote on this historic tax relief package, I will update you in the coming days on the spending side of the budget where we make groundbreaking investments in children’s mental health, increase funding in juvenile justice and anti-crime programs, leverage new federal funding for important programs, and invest in childcare, education, and our workforce.