East Hartford Juneteenth CelebrationJune 6, 2022
The Town of East Hartford in collaboration with East Hartford Parks and Recreation, the Commission on Culture and Fine Arts, East Hartford Public Library and the East Hartford Black Caucus invites you to attend the town’s first Juneteenth Celebration. Juneteenth, officially known as Juneteenth National Independence Day, is also known as Jubilee Day, Emancipation Day, Freedom Day, and Black Independence Day is a federal holiday in the United States commemorating the emancipation of enslaved African-Americans.
The event will take place on Saturday, June 18th from 11:00 am - 3:00 pm, at the East Hartford Town Green, 1047 Main Street. Admission is FREE.
The Juneteenth Fest is the perfect family-friendly, community event that offers fun filled activities for children and adults alike. There will be a variety of vendors, food trucks, entertainment, bounce house, carnival games, face painting, and so much more.
This family-friendly stage lineup will honor Juneteenth through a diverse array of performances sponsored by the East Hartford Public Library and the East Hartford Commission on Culture and Fine Arts.
- 11:00 AM: Soro Bindi: traditional Ghanaian dances, songs, and stories with Iddi Saaka, Award-Winning West African performer.
- 11:45 AM: Welcome and opening remarks by the East Hartford Commission on Culture and Fine Arts and the East Hartford Black Caucus
- 12:15 PM: Super Icon Thomas Lumpkin and Kenneth Johnson- Musical performance
- 12:30 PM: The Alvin Carter Project, Jazz Performance
- 1:30 PM: Tammy Denease, Storyteller Performance
- 2:00 PM: Grace C. Wright Performing Arts, Caribbean Dance Performance
- 2:45 PM: Nadiyah Roberts-Green, Spoken Word Performance
DJ entertainment will be provided by DJ JimmyJam Harris. In case of inclement weather, this event will be held Sunday, June 19th from 11:00 am -3:00 pm.
For more information, please call Parks and Recreation at 860-291-7160 or visit www.easthartfordct.gov/parks-recreation.