Veterans Stand Down Day Highlights Available HelpSeptember 14, 2022
In order to better connect military personnel and veterans to helpful state services and community-based nonprofits, the Connecticut Department of Veterans Affairs will hold its annual Veterans Stand Down on Friday, September 23 from 8am-2 pm.
The one-day event will be held at five regional locations:
- Danbury: Danbury War Memorial, 1 Memorial Dr
- Bristol: Bristol Sports Armory, 61 Center St
- Bridgeport: University of Bridgeport, Wheeler Recreational Center, 400 University Ave
- Norwich: Easter Seals Veterans Rally Point, 24 Stott Ave
- Rocky Hill: CTDVA Main Campus, 287 West St
The Connecticut Department of Transportation and local service providers will offer transportation to the event. To see the special transportation schedule click here
Additional information about Veterans Stand Down is available here.
If you cannot make it to this event, you can find programs and resources for veterans on the DVA website.
Connecticut's veterans and active military personnel deserve our support and appreciation. From guaranteeing in-state tuition for CT veterans to creating a new local-option property tax exemption, House Democrats continue to support laws that will benefit this important community.
Thank you to all those who have served and continue to serve our country and state.