Time To Own Down Payment Assistance ProgramJuly 12, 2023
Eligibility requirements for the program include:
- Meeting financial need specifications
- Qualifying for and receiving a CHFA first mortgage
- Being a current resident of Connecticut and demonstrating residency for the most recent three years
The impact of this program will reverberate in the short- and long-term for Connecticut residents; not only will there be a new generation of homeowners, but these residents will begin the process of building inter-generational wealth to pass on to the next generation.
Other benefits of the program include:
- A 0% interest rate with no monthly payment required
- 10% of the loan balance forgiven annually until it is fully forgiven on the tenth anniversary
- Financing for up to 20% of a down payment and 5% of closing costs
Part of what makes Connecticut great is that we seek to lift up all residents, regardless of income or background. This program is one more example of that commitment to our community.
Click here to learn more about the program