2024 Legislative Session Opens February 7January 31, 2024
With the 2024 legislative session just around the corner next week on Wednesday, February 7, we are committed to keeping you informed, and also want to encourage you to participate in the process.
The resources below can help you stay updated on key developments, events, proposed policies, and public discussions as they happen at the State Capitol and Legislative Office Building in Hartford.
Here's some of the ways you can stay connected and actively participate:
- The non-partisan Office of Legislative Research (OLR) recently released the 2024 Major Issues Report. This comprehensive document highlights and summarizes many of the issues the legislature could take up during the upcoming session.
- You can view the Connecticut General Assembly's upcoming calendar of events by checking out its schedule on the CGA website.
- Follow CT-N for live coverage of committee meetings, as well as House and Senate floor debates.
- You can register to monitor a bill's journey as it goes through the legislative process. Enter the bill number and receive real-time updates to stay informed with email notifications whenever there's a change in the bill's progress.
- Learn how to testify on a bill at a public hearing.
In addition, your State Representative would love to hear from you and listen to any concerns and suggestions you may have on the issues you care most about.
Stay informed, connected and engaged. Together, we can make a positive impact and help ensure that our community's and state's needs are fully represented.