Arte Inc. 2016 Scholarship Awards
Annually Arte awards scholarships to Latino students and individuals of any age interested in pursuing the arts and for other endeavors. Scholarships may include performing or visual arts or other areas of study, including but not limited to music, dance, theater, painting, drawing, architecture, culinary arts and other art forms. Scholarships may be awarded for art classes, workshops, lessons, supplies, tuition assistance and other purposes the awards committee deems appropriate. Arte will also consider Scholarships awards for other applicants in addition to the arts, such as college scholarships for Latinos who are excelling academically. Arte will also consider applications from schools or groups if they are planning a Latino-centric or -based event or program. Arte will also consider applications for works of public art or murals. Arte’s scholarship funds are limited. Applicants must show past experience or an aptitude related to their application. Group, School, Public Art, or Mural applicants programs and projects must be Latino / Hispanic themed or based. The Scholarship Committee will evaluate applications and determine awards. The following guidelines and criteria will be strictly enforced.
- Application completed in full and submitted by 5:00PM Friday, August 26, 2016.
- Scholarship application signed and dated by applicant or guardian (if applicant is under 18).
- Award checks will be distributed directly to schools, colleges, universities, etc... Scholarship funds will NOT be distributed directly to recipients.
- Gift Certificates will be purchased for all supplies / materials awarded.
- Recipients are expected to attend all scheduled lessons, classes, make-ups, workshops and recitals for which they are scheduled, as part of their scholarship award.
- Recipients of tuition assistance must maintain a minimum of a “C” average in order to qualify for future scholarships.
- Future scholarships will be based on:
- Financial need
- Attendance (if applicable)
- Evaluation of progress and attitude
- Grade point average (if applicable)
- Use of supplies purchased with scholarship
- Applicants must be of Hispanic/Latino descent or the proposed project must have a Hispanic / Latino theme.
- Applicant must be a registered resident of Connecticut for a minimum of one year.
- Amount of scholarship award may vary from amount applied for. Arte and the awards committee will have sole discretion on award amounts.
- Scholarships need to be sent to ARTE INC. 19 Grand Ave., New Haven, CT 06513.
- Scholarship recipients have one year from date awarded to redeem their scholarship.
- Some recipients will be asked to display their work or perform at the scholarship reception.
- Recipients will need to attend Arte’s Scholarship Awards Reception if held. Complimentary tickets to the reception will be provided to the recipient and one guest.
A Scholarship Reception may or may not be held, location and time to be determined. Only scholarship recipients will be asked to attend. You will be notified prior if your scholarship has been awarded.
APPLICATIONS AND GUIDELINES ARE ALSO AVAILABLE IN SPANISH!