Energy Assistance Applications Open

October 5, 2018

Connecticut residents struggling to pay utility bills can apply for home heating assistance at the local CAA. Community Action Agencies are the only nonprofit agencies administering the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), which provides home heating assistance to the state’s most vulnerable residents.

In Connecticut this program is called the Connecticut Energy Assistance Program (CEAP) and is housed under the Department of Social Services (DSS). The state’s Community Action Agencies administer the program locally in all 169 cities and towns.

For more information on Connecticut’s Energy Assistance Program and how to find your local CAA to apply, click here, visit or contact the Connecticut Association for Community Action (CAFCA) at 860-832-9438.