Connecticut Community Action Agengy Accepting Energy Assistance Applications

October 4, 2018

Cold weather is headed our way in the coming months and the Connecticut Community Action Agency (CAA) Network is accepting energy assistance applications ahead of the 2018-2019 heating season.

Connecticut residents struggling to pay utility bills can apply for home heating assistance at the local CAA. Community Action Agencies are the only nonprofit agencies administering the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), which provides home heating assistance to the state’s most vulnerable residents.

In Connecticut this program is called the Connecticut Energy Assistance Program (CEAP) and is housed under the Department of Social Services (DSS). The state’s Community Action Agencies administer the program locally in all 169 cities and towns.

For more information on Connecticut’s Energy Assistance Program and how to find your local CAA to apply, click here, visit  or contact the Connecticut Association for Community Action (CAFCA) at 860-832-9438. 

You can also find more information at or call the Community Action Agency of Western Connecticut at 203-744-4700.