|I'm excited to inform you of a new pilot program to address the flooding issues and sanitary backups into our neighborhood homes. If your home in Hartford was damaged in floods in the past two and half years, you are eligible to get some much-needed financial relief.
Starting September 1, the Office of the State Comptroller (OSC) will begin accepting applications for the Hartford Flood Compensation Program. It is a $5 million pilot program that will provide reimbursement to eligible property owners in the City of Hartford who experienced flood damage on or after January 1, 2021.
Property owners must follow the guidelines below to be eligible for reimbursement:
- CLICK HERE or visit Blue Hills Civic Association (Temporary address at the Colin Bennett Building: 1229 Albany Avenue, Third Floor, Suite 306, Hartford, CT) to obtain an application.
- Submit a completed application and supporting documentation via email to HartfordFloodHelp@ct.gov, or mail it in to Blue Hills Civic Association, or OSC (Attention: Office of the State Comptroller/Hartford Flood Compensation Program, 165 Capitol Avenue, Hartford 06106).
- Await claim review by the program administrator.
- If notified by the grant administrator they are eligible for potential reimbursement, arrange a home inspection via an approved DCP-licensed inspector or an MDC-provided inspector.
- Await inspection report review by the program administrator.
- Approved applicants will have payments sent to the applicant's residential address listed on the application.
Click on the button below for a clear visual of the application process.