Sexual Assault ResourcesOctober 5, 2018
Recent news coverage and discourse may be particularly difficult for sexual assault survivors and their loved ones as the nation grapples with this difficult issue. I want to remind everyone that survivors of sexual assault are not alone and helpful resources are available.
How to Get Help
- A statewide network of sexual assault programs can be reached by calling the statewide sexual assault hotline: 1-888-999-5545 (English) or 1-888-568-8332 (Spanish)
- Free and confidential sexual assault crisis services include: 24 hour hotline with immediate access to trained, certified counselors; crisis intervention and short-term counseling; accompaniment and advocacy through the medical and police systems; preparation, accompaniment and advocacy through the court system; information and referrals for other needs; support groups; TTY access during office hours; sign language interpreters available; male counselors; emergency transportation by arrangement; professional training, community education, and prevention programs.
For More Information follow these links:
- Connecticut Alliance to End Sexual Violence: https://endsexualviolencect.org/
- National Sexual Violence Resource Center: www.nsvrc.org
- Darkness to Light: www.darkness2light.org
- National Online Resource Center on Violence Against Women: www.vawnet.org
- Men Can Stop Rape: www.mencanstoprape.org
- Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network: www.rainn.org