Applications Are Open For Flood Reimbursement ProgramSeptember 13, 2023
The Office of the State Comptroller is now accepting applications for the Hartford Flood Compensation Program. It is a $5 million pilot program that will provide reimbursement to eligible property owners in the City of Hartford who experienced flood damage on or after January 1, 2021.
Property owners must follow the guidelines below to be eligible for reimbursement:
- CLICK RIGHT HERE to start your application online or visit Blue Hills Civic Association in-person (Temporary address at the Colin Bennett Building: 1229 Albany Avenue, Third Floor, Suite 306, Hartford, CT) to obtain an application. Call (860) 560-7360 for hours and information.
- Submit a completed application and supporting documentation via email to HartfordFloodHelp@ct.gov, or mail it in to Blue Hills Civic Association, or OSC (Attention: Office of the State Comptroller/Hartford Flood Compensation Program, 165 Capitol Avenue, Hartford 06106).
- Await claim review by the program administrator.
- If notified by the grant administrator they are eligible for potential reimbursement, arrange a home inspection via an approved DCP-licensed inspector or an MDC-provided inspector.
- Await inspection report review by the program administrator.
- Approved applicants will have payments sent to the applicant's residential address listed on the application.
Click on the button below for a clear visual of the application process.
Again, anyone who experienced flood damage on or after January 1, 2021 is eligible. There is no deadline to submit your application, but it is a first come, first served program until funds are depleted. The Office of the State Comptroller will review and process every application within 60 days. Applicants wishing to appeal any decision will have 30 days to do so via a third-party appeals administrator. Questions can be directed to HartfordFloodHelp@ct.gov.