Fund For Bridgeport Projects Approved
The state Bond Commission has approved major funding for a number of important projects for Bridgeport supported by the city’s legislative delegation.
“The items approved by the Bond Commission for Bridgeport are certainly welcomed and highlight the State's continued investment in our largest city” Rep. Steve Stafstrom said. “We will continue to work together as a delegation to bring economic development and other improvements to our city for the benefit of all our residents.”
The following items for Bridgeport were approved;
- $675,000 to provide grant-in-aid to Habitat for Humanity of Coastal Fairfield County to assist with construction of nine single family homes family homes to be sold to homebuyers at or below 80% of area median income
- $1,716,536 for school building improvements
- $83,810 for security systems upgrades for four facilities for Recovery Network of Programs
- $18,800 for Pathways for security system upgrades and front step repair
- $5,000,000 to provide a loan to Block 912 JV, LLC to assist with redevelopment of the Jayson and Newfield buildings
- $2,156,300 to provide a loan to Mutual Housing Association of Southwestern Connecticut, Inc., or another eligible applicant as such term is defined in Section 8-366m of the Connecticut General Statutes, to assist with rehabilitation of 32 units of rental housing at Maplewood Court Apartments
- $750,000 to provide a loan to Future Health Care Systems, Inc. to assist with machinery, equipment and renovations associated with relocation from West Chester, New York to Bridgeport.