Approved! $600 Million in Tax Cuts for CT Residents
The budget proposal we approved in the House of Representatives early Tuesday morning offers Connecticut taxpayers like you and your neighbors $600 million in tax cuts. $600 MILLION!
This budget provides historic tax relief for parents, retirees, workers and property owners.
This budget CUTS YOUR TAXES by:
- Cutting state income taxes for retirees
- Lowering property taxes on homes and cars
- Extending tax cuts for workers in low-paying jobs through the Earned Income Tax Credit
- Creating a state tax credit for childcare
- Extending the 25-cent gas tax cut until December
- Establishing a state child tax credit worth $250 per child
In addition to this historic tax relief package, the spending side of this budget makes groundbreaking investments in children’s mental health, increases funding in juvenile justice and anti-crime programs, leverages new federal funding for important programs, and invests in childcare, education, and our workforce.
The proposal now goes to the Senate for consideration.